Coated in golden Dromona butter and baked for a crisp finish, these sumptuous sides will be the stars of the show. They make the perfect addition to your family festive feast.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
What you'll need:
Serves 6 – 8
- 1kg carrots, trimmed, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 750g parsnips, trimmed, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 30g Dromona butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly milled salt and pepper
- For the honey and chive butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 50g Dromona butter, softened
Made for sharing:
Remove from the oven and marvel at the glorious tastes and textures. Don’t forget to share a picture of your #GreatFoodMoments
How it's done:
- Preheat an oven to 200°C (180°C Fan) / Gas Mark 6.
- Cook carrots and parsnips in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and toss in melted butter, oil, honey, vinegar and season.
- Arrange the carrots and parsnips in a single layer on a large oven tray and roast in a hot oven for 25 – 30 minutes until tender.
For the butter
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot until soft, add crushed garlic, onion powder and cook for a minute.
- Remove from the pan and cool. Mix into soft butter with honey and chives.
- Toss the roasted carrots and parsnips in honey and chive butter before serving.