You’re going to want to try these! Crunchy bread, salty bacon & chorizo, the distinctive flavour of Dromona Mature Cheddar, tangy béchamel and a runny egg. The perfect grab and go brunch!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
What you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 180°C
You will need 1-2 saucepan(s) to make your béchamel sauce and melt butter, a frying pan and a muffin tray
6 slices of bread
2 tbsp Dromona Butter
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp mustard
100g Dromona Mature Cheddar
100g diced bacon / chorizo
Sprinkle fresh nutmeg
Made for sharing:
Deliciously crisp and bursting with the intense flavour of Dromona Mature Cheddar – it’s a brunch above the rest! So, make sure you share your #GreatFoodMoments, tag @DromonaMakesIt and @DishYouWereHere and make your friends mouths water at the sight of these sensational savoury treats!
How it's done:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- For the béchamel sauce, melt 1 tbsp Dromona Butter over medium heat, add in 1 tbsp plain flour and whisk until it forms a paste. Slowly whisk in 200ml of milk, 1 tsp mustard and a grating of fresh nutmeg. Continue stirring the mixture over a medium heat until the sauce thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and add a handful of grated Dromona Mature Cheddar.
- In a frying pan, cook your bacon and chorizo for 5-10mins.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and use a rolling pin to flatten each slice. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with melted butter and place them in a muffin tin, tucking in the corners as you do.
- Place the bacon and chorizo inside the bread.
- Crack an egg into the centre of each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of béchamel sauce on top of each egg and sprinkle with a healthy sprinkling of grated Dromona Mature Cheddar. You can choose top add extra bacon on top of your cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!