Baking is always a treat, but this recipe is especially gooey for truly moist and scrumptious chocolate brownies. There’s Dromona butter in the velvety brownie mix, and a little extra for the smoothest chocolate sauce you can drizzle on top – and licking the spoon is definitely advised.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35-40 minutes + cooling
- Total time: 50-55 minutes
What you'll need:
What you’ll need for the brownies:
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g Dromona butter – plus extra for greasing
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g cream cheese
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 75g plain flour
What you’ll need for the sauce:
- 50g dark chocolate
- 25g Dromona butter
And chocolate mini eggs for the decoration!
Made for sharing:
Everyone has their own dream brownies, so play around with the recipe. But if you’re a fan of the smooth, rich, melt-in-your-mouth kind, make sure you use Dromona butter and enjoy these ultimate chocolate brownies!
Let us know how you get on: #greatfoodmoments.
How it's done:
- Worth the wait: Before we get stuck in, make sure you’ve got your mixing bowls and cooking containers at the ready. You’ll need a 20cm square tin, parchment paper, a heatproof bowl, a pan filled of simmering water on the hob, two mixing bowls and the oven toasting up to 180°C.
- Grease your 20cm baking tin with a a little Dromona butter and line it with baking parchment.
- Melt 150g of dark chocolate and 150g of Dromona butter in a heatproof bowl over the simmering water, stirring frequently.
- Beat the remaining three eggs in another bowl and add the melted chocolate and butter mixture along with the light muscovado sugar and plain flour.
- Mix together the dark muscovado sugar, cornflour, vanilla extract and one egg in a large bowl. Slowly, stir in the cream cheese until completely mixed and utterly desireable.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the tin. Let things get a little messy and drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese filling in. Finally, add the remaining chocolate mixture and create a marble effect masterpiece by rippling everything with a cocktail stick.
- Bake for 30-25 minutes and let the sweet aroma tantalise your sense of smell.
- For the sauce, repeat step 3, this time using 50g dark chocolate and 25g Dromona butter.
- Decorate the brownies with chocolate mini eggs, then drizzle the melted chocolate over the whole thing.
- Slice. Serve. Sensational.