Introducing party pieces that are small in size, but mighty in flavour! Topped with Parma ham and deliciously melted Dromona cheddar, they make a tasty starter or the perfect nibble.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
What you'll need:
You will need a large oven tray and a small round cutter (2 inch)
Pre heat the oven to 220°C (200°C Fan) / Gas Mark 7
- 225g self raising flour
- 55g Dromona butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 50g Dromona vintage cheddar, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 10 sun blush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100ml buttermilk
- 120g of shop bought tomato relish
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 12 olives, roughly sliced
- 200g Dromona grated mature cheddar
Made for sharing:
Simply plate and watch them disappear! Capture your #GreatFoodMoments before they’re all gone…
How it's done:
- Place the flour, butter, cheese, mustard powder, chilli powder and baking powder into a food processor and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Remove the lid of the processor and add tomatoes along with buttermilk.
- Return the lid and pulse until the mixture begins to form a dough, then remove to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth. Roll out thinly and use a small round cutter to stamp out circles.
- Turn the circles upside down and set onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven for 5 – 8 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomato relish, parma ham, olives and remaining cheese. Return to the oven for a few minutes and melt the cheese before serving.