Our bite-sized bakes are the ultimate party pleaser. They’re deliciously crisp and bursting with the intense flavour of Dromona cheddar. Be warned though, they won’t be about for long!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
What you'll need:
Makes 18 small tarts
Oven temperature: 180°C (160°C Fan) / Gas mark 4
You will need a non stick miniature muffin tray
- 2 rectangular sheets of filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- 60g Dromona Grated Vintage Cheddar
For the filling
- 225g left over Christmas ham, cut into small chunks
- 80g onion marmalade
- 200g Dromona Mature cheddar, grated
- 300ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- Freshly milled salt and pepper
- A handful of chopped chives
Made for sharing:
These tasty tarts are best enjoyed straight from the oven! Serve with some festive spiced chutney for that extra special touch. Don’t forget to share your pastry skills with your friends online #GreatFoodMoments
How it's done:
- Lay a sheet of filo onto a clean work surface, quickly brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cheddar and season.
- Place second sheet on top and brush with the remaining butter. Use a round cutter to stamp out circles slightly bigger than the muffin moulds.
- Press the circles into the muffin moulds and bake in a hot oven for 8 minutes until crisp.
For the filling
- Spoon equal amounts of onion marmalade into the baked pastry cases and top with pieces of ham and cheese.
- Whisk cream and eggs together and season. Pour into the cases.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 – 12 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with chives before serving.