Baking is always a treat but with Dromona Butter in the mix, these beautifully moist honey drizzle cakes are guaranteed to go down a treat!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
What you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 160°C
- 125g Dromona Butter, softened
- 75g light soft brown sugar
- 140g honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the honey glaze
- 100g Dromona Butter
- 70g honey
- 125g icing sugar
Made for sharing:
These sticky honey cakes will have you licking your fingers wanting more. Capture your #GreatFoodMoments before they’re all gone!
How it's done:
- Grease up the cupcake tins/moulds with approximately 10g of softened butter – enough for 24 cupcakes. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes, until light. Add in the honey and beat for a couple more minutes.
- One by one, beat the eggs into the mixture and then fold in the flour and ginger, finishing with the lemon juice.
- Divide the mixture between the buttered-up cupcake tins/moulds and bake for 20 minutes, until risen, golden and springy. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter in a small pan, remove from the heat and stir in the honey and icing sugar using a whisk.
- Dip the tops of the honey cakes into the warm glaze or drizzle over thickly with a spoon. If the glaze gets too solid, warm it through very gently to melt. Put the glazed cakes back on the wire racks to set.