Long sunny days and warm summer evenings are perfect for al fresco dining. If you want to make the most of the weather, fire up the BBQ and try this Dromona recipe for succulent lean mince burgers over piquant salad, nestled in sweet brioche buns and crowned with meltingly mouthwatering golden Dromona Mature Cheddar. This recipe makes four burgers, or two extra special double burgers!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (You will need a moderate - hot grill)
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
What you'll need:
Ingredients for the burgers
- 500g lean steak mince
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for burger sauce
- 100ml low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 brioche rolls, lightly toasted
- 4 slices Dromona cheddar cheese
- Salad leaves
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices of red onion
- 4 tablespoons tomato and chilli relish
Made for sharing:
Want to level up? Why not add a slice of crispy bacon, the perfect partner for melted, creamy Dromona cheddar. Don’t forget to grab a snap before they’re all gone! #Greatfoodmoments.
How it's done:
- Place minced steak into a bowl with crushed garlic, soy sauce, egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form into 4 equal balls and flatten into burgers.
- Grill the burgers over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Just before the burgers are ready, place a slice of cheese on top.
- In a bowl, stir mayonnaise, soy sauce, honey, and cayenne pepper together.
- Arrange salad leaves onto toasted brioche rolls, top with sauce, burgers, cheese, tomato, onion, and relish before serving.
For the sauce