Say hello to the perfect Boxing Day snack. Upgrade your festive leftovers with the help of Dromona cheddar and butter. Get grilling and enjoy the crisp, golden crunch of this irresistible toastie.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
What you'll need:
You will need a grill and a large frying pan
- 60g Dromona butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 slices of leftover Christmas turkey
- 4 slices of leftover Christmas baked ham
- 4 tablespoons of stuffing
- 100g Dromona Vintage cheddar cut into 8 slices
- 100g Dromona Grated Mature Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- A small handful of parsley and chives, finely chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Baby salad leaves
Made for sharing:
Time to plate up! Serve with a handful of fresh leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. No fork required. It’s the perfect partner for a boxset binge.
How it's done:
- To make the onion butter, simply mix the softened butter and onion powder together. Spread the butter over both sides of the bread slices.
- Top 4 slices of bread with cranberry sauce, turkey, ham, stuffing and two slices of cheese. Place the remaining bread on top and press together.
- Gently heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and transfer two sandwiches to the pan, place a flat weight on top of each and cook for 3 minutes until golden. Remove the weight, flip the toasties and cook for a further 3 minutes, then remove to an oven tray and keep warm while you cook the remaining sandwiches.
- Preheat a grill to moderate.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the toasted sandwiches and grill until melted. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and pomegranate seeds before serving.