For chargrilled sunshine on a plate, corn on the cob is a cookout classic. Topped with Dromona Butter’s spicy tomato, chilli and basil infusion. Steamed in foil on the grill, the humble cob is elevated to gourmet status. The golden creaminess of spice-infused Dromona Butter irresistibly coats the corn in pure luxury. This recipe serves four people and is perfect for any summer BBQ.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (Preheat a grill or barbecue to moderate)
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
What you'll need:
- 4 large corn on the cob
- 100g Dromona butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 10g tomato puree
- A pinch of chilli
- A tablespoon basil, finely chopped
For the tomato butter
Made for sharing:
Now, time to dig in! Savour the sweet, golden buttery taste. Don’t be afraid to lick your fingers clean, it’s the best part. Remember to capture your moments and share them with us #greatfoodmoments.
How it's done:
- To make the butter, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot until soft, add crushed garlic, onion powder, tomato puree, chilli and cook for a moment. Remove from the pan, stir in chopped basil and cool. Mix into the softened butter. Cover with cling film and refrigerate.
- Grill the corn on a hot grill for 15 minutes, turning occasionally until tender and evenly charred.
- Lay a large piece of tinfoil onto the grill and place the cooked corn on top. Place dollops of butter over the corn and wrap in foil.
- Cook for 5 minutes to melt the butter. Turn the corn in the butter before serving.
- Serve with burgers, grilled meat, fish or salad.