This creamy fish pie is the perfect dish for those cold winter nights. Tender chunks of cod, salmon and fresh prawns are baked in a buttery white sauce, made with Dromona Butter. Topped with mouth-watering Dromona Cheddar mash, every mouthful of this deliciously comforting dish is worth savouring.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
What you'll need:
Serves 6 – 8 people
Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C Fan) / Gas Mark 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
50g Dromona butter
- 50g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 225g salmon fillet, cut into chunks,
- 225g cod fillets, cut into chunks
- 140g prawns.
- 150g frozen peas
- Freshly milled salt and pepper
For the cheese mash
- 1kg Maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut in half or quarters
- 50g Dromona butter
- 100ml milk
- 200mg Dromona grated mature cheddar
Made for sharing:
Add some freshly steamed greens for a delicious crunch and share your #GreatFoodMoments with us.
How it's done:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160oC Fan) / Gas Mark 4
For the cheese mash
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender, drain well, then return the lid to the pan and allow the potatoes to steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat the milk and butter in a small pan, then pour over the potatoes and mash. Sprinkle in half the grated cheese and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
For the sauce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and leek until soft. Remove to a plate while you make the sauce.
- Melt butter in the same pan, then add flour, stirring continuously until a paste forms – this is called a roux. Gradually whisk the milk into the roux until you have a smooth sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Return the onion and leek to the sauce and stir in Dijon mustard, salmon, cod, prawns, peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the fish mixture into a pie dish, Top with cheese mash and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in a hot oven for 15 – 20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve with fresh green vegetables.