Big on flavour and little on effort, this tangy, creamy mash is bursting with the irresistible flavour of Dromona Cheddar. It’s the perfect partner for those midweek meals in need of a little love. Or why not upgrade your pies with a Dromona Cheddar mash topping?
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
What you'll need:
Serves 4 people
- 1kg Maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut in half or quarters
- 50g Dromona butter
- 100ml milk
- 200g Dromona grated mature cheddar
Made for sharing:
This mighty mash is best enjoyed straight from the pot while the cheese is still melting. We’d love to see your #GreatFoodMoments.
How it's done:
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil, cook for 15 minutes or until tender, drain well, then return the lid to the pan and allow the potatoes to steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat milk and butter in a small pan, then pour over the potatoes and mash. Sprinkle in grated cheese and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.