These chunky wedges are fully loaded with flavour and will serve 4 people. Covered in mouth-watering beef chilli and a liberal helping of Dromona mature cheddar, this dish packs a punch. Layer up with some fiery jalapenos and a cool dollop of guac to complete this Mexican feast.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
What you'll need:
Oven temperature 200°C / (180°C Fan) / Gas Mark
You will need a large earthenware oven dish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 500g lean minced steak
- 400g passata
- 250ml beef stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- 60g tomato puree
- Freshly milled salt and black pepper
- 200g Dromona Grated Mature Cheddar
For the wedges
- 4 large maris piper potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of rocket leaves
- A few jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon natural Greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
Made for sharing:
Enjoy the kick from each mouthful of this spicy, savoury dish. Make sure to capture your feast in all its glory. The food envy will be real. #GreatFoodMoments
How it's done:
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the shallot until soft.
- Add steak mince and stir continuously to break up any lumps as it cooks.
- Stir in passata, beef stock, garlic, chilli, tomato puree and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature to the low, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes until the sauce thickens. Season.
- Place the wedges into a large earthenware dish and brush with oil. Season and cook in a hot oven for 25 minutes until crisp.
- When the wedges are cooked, remove the dish from the oven and spoon the meat over the top, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Scatter with rocket leaves, jalapeños, tomatoes and drizzle with yoghurt.
- Serve with guacamole.
For the wedges