If you are looking for a quick, stylish and flavour-packed fish dish for four people, you have found it. Baking foil-wrapped salmon fillets in simple-to-prepare Dromona Butter infused with shallot, garlic, cloves, chilli and coriander will keep the fish moist and tender, while delicately permeating it with South Asian flavours. Robust and creamy, Dromona Butter brings a signature richness to this dish that enhances the salmon and effectively absorbs the spices.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4)
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
What you'll need:
- 4 large fillets of salmon
- 100g Dromona butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small chill, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 200g Aromatic baby leaf herb salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- The juice of a lime
- Salt and pepper
For the Thai butter
Made for sharing:
Enjoy this deliciously light and fragrant dish with friends and family and watch them marvel at your culinary skills. Don’t forget to capture it in your story (to prove you really CAN cook) #greatfoodmoments.
How it's done:
- To make the butter, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot until soft, add crushed garlic, chill, honey, onion powder and cook for a moment.
- Remove from the pan, stir in chopped coriander and cool. Mix into the softened butter. Cover with cling film and refrigerate.
- Line a large baking tray with a sheet of tin foil. Place the salmon fillets into the centre. Place knobs of Thai butter on top and seal the salmon in tin foil.
- Place in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil and lime juice together. Mix with the leaves and serve with the salmon.
For the salad dressing